BF1942 CD/Origin B.o.B. server?

Anything related to Battlefield 1942 or mods
Lash444

BF1942 CD/Origin B.o.B. server?

Post by Lash444 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:10 pm

You guys never did get the Origin/CD ability for the TAW bf1942 server did you? I logged back in with the origin install, and I didnt see the server in there.

I take it you guys gave up on this? Would love to come in and play some B.o.B

Shadow_Fox
Favorite game: Battlefield 1942
Other game: Battlefield 1942

Re: BF1942 CD/Origin B.o.B. server?

Post by Shadow_Fox » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:51 pm

Have you refreshed you server list? We should be up and running both versions together. if not come in team speak 3 some night and we will work it out.

We are currently running a modded Midway map

Open this in a new tab or window.
http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... .68:14567/
Shadow_Fox
aka Jim

Lash444

Post by Lash444 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:05 am

Ok, I was expecting to see TAW in front of the server name.

I was in and playing for a bit. Need to get my joystick and things should be all good. I don't think anything will beat Battle of Britain, but hopefully I see some of the old timers in there at some point.

redneck
Favorite game: IL-2

Post by redneck » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:02 pm

you r right nothing beats BoB love the ju88's
:beerchug:

Lash444

Post by Lash444 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:45 am

Was pleasantly surprised by the number of servers that are available for BF1942 again. Yesterday while playing there were 10 servers with 50+ people.

Looks like F2P really breathed new life into the game. Awesome. I think you guys should go back to B.o.B. Everyone does the other maps. Nobody did B.o.B. like you guys did.

Servers now have the ability to do 128 players. Thats probably a bit much for B.o.B, but I think a happy medium can be found between 64 and 128 players. Just need to tweak damage and some other settings. Respawn and other such settings.

Let me know what I can help with. El Alamein with >64 players is amazing. Those of you who haven't tried it, you should. The servers with the faster respawn on planes makes dogfights incredible. Made that map much much better. BF1942's larger maps really makes it ideal for big games.

MajorDefeat

Post by MajorDefeat » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:48 am

I doubt any games manufacturer will ever recapture the on-line fun that was BF42. Even with the server being in the US and me in the UK, and so pinging badly compared to US players, I'd still enjoy myself immensely on AA, as did many other ex-members. One of the game's great features was that everyone started equal to everyone else, no power-ups, no extra kit, nothing. Happy days when it used to be that everyone had to queue to get into the =TAW= BoB server! Remember?
I wonder what became of Vatoloco Manchis in the end? :mrgreen: The arguments we used to have with him!

BTW - If you're reading this Morg, I've got the Vulcan, Lancaster and Mosquito for my Flight Simulator X. Fab gear.

Shadow_Fox
Favorite game: Battlefield 1942

Post by Shadow_Fox » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:49 pm

People say... this game or that game is the best. The nice thing with '42 is, you can play how you like. You want to ground pound, '42 has that. You want to fly, '42 has that. You like ships... guess what... '42 has that. You like tanks.... you get the picture.

I agree with you Major. I hate the concept of ranking up on the new games. '42 put everyone on the same battle field. Personal skill made you good, not the power ups.

As far as Vato. I heard he hooked up with a gal. Have not seen him since.
Shadow_Fox
aka Jim

Cpt_Morgan
Favorite game: Don't play - why am I here?

Post by Cpt_Morgan » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:52 pm

MajorDefeat wrote:I doubt any games manufacturer will ever recapture the on-line fun that was BF42. Even with the server being in the US and me in the UK, and so pinging badly compared to US players, I'd still enjoy myself immensely on AA, as did many other ex-members. One of the game's great features was that everyone started equal to everyone else, no power-ups, no extra kit, nothing. Happy days when it used to be that everyone had to queue to get into the =TAW= BoB server! Remember?
I wonder what became of Vatoloco Manchis in the end? :mrgreen: The arguments we used to have with him!

BTW - If you're reading this Morg, I've got the Vulcan, Lancaster and Mosquito for my Flight Simulator X. Fab gear.
Battlefield 1943 was really cool once i got used to it. It's such a shame they didn't make it into a complete game. I had many fun nights in dogfights in 1943 but they only have 3 maps so it got boring fast.

Major i have not played a pc game in years. I should sell all my pc stuff. I have a Yoke still in the box that i only used a couple of times and a ton of unplayed games.