When I get my EGA to SWTOR, this is what I'll post on WoT

Anything related to World of Tanks

MarshallDillon

When I get my EGA to SWTOR, this is what I'll post on WoT

Post by MarshallDillon » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:02 am

I figure it might get me banned on the forums... so I'll also post it on overlord's blog

WoT is like a chef that has a new chicken noodle soup recipe. At first everyone comes to try it out, and finds it interesting though something is off in the taste, and there are no spoons available to use. Eventually they identify what the taste is – too much garlic.

The longer the chef made the soup, the more the people started complaining about it – too much garlic and while the fork was good with the chicken and noodles, the broth passed through the tines.

In order to mask the taste of garlic, the customers tried various things. One of the least successful of these was to add pepper to the soup. But there was something odd about the pepper shakers. When used, they may, or may not, put pepper in the soup. Even when held over the bowl so as to make sure it would go in, it could still fall outside the bowl.

So what did the chef do? He told them that it is cooked the way the recipe intended it to be cooked, and eaten the way it was intended to be eaten. It didn’t matter that there was way too much garlic, and that they had to pick their bowls up to drink the broth. And they would have to live with how the pepper shaker works.

It is the way the chef wanted it and it was going to remain that way, though he did make a concession – he would serve soup with less garlic to the new customers, depending on their age. Younger ones would have more time to enjoy the soup before getting the full complement of garlic, while the older ones would get the full effect immediately.

Since the chef arrogantly refused to serve the soup in a palatable fashion, the people eventually stopped going to the restaurant, causing the restaurant to fail.

Cast of characters:

Chef: Wargaming.net
New Chicken Noodle Soup: WoT
Garlic: MM problems
Fork: Vision Mechanic problems
People: The paying players
Customer Age: Tank tiers
Pepper Shaker: Aiming reticle/shot

Is this any way to run a restaurant?

I’m a wizard and I slay dragons for a living: http://www.petting-zoo.net/~deadbeef/archive/2671.html
Remember, only Hugh can prevent florist fryers.

Worm

Re: When I get my EGA to SWTOR, this is what I'll post on Wo

Post by Worm » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:29 pm

bravo Sir!

KyuzoS7
Favorite game: Battlefield 1942

Post by KyuzoS7 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:39 am

sadly to say it'll never fall because you have those blind payers who will just keep on paying.

MarshallDillon

Post by MarshallDillon » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:21 pm

No doubt. I decided not to post it. It has problems they refuse to fix, and I'm afraid it will always be that way.
Remember, only Hugh can prevent florist fryers.

Worm

Post by Worm » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:33 pm

yep

jjnja

Post by jjnja » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:29 am

Nice analogy...Gotta say...I loved the game at first, but just 5 months in and it is losing its appeal. With the core of T-A-W going to play SWTOR and the fact that I can't stand many of the players in WoT I see my play time drastically reduced. Its a shame because the game has so much potential to be better and more enjoyable. The pay to win really bothers me too.

mihax209

Post by mihax209 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:48 pm

jjnja wrote:Nice analogy...Gotta say...I loved the game at first, but just 5 months in and it is losing its appeal. With the core of T-A-W going to play SWTOR and the fact that I can't stand many of the players in WoT I see my play time drastically reduced. Its a shame because the game has so much potential to be better and more enjoyable. The pay to win really bothers me too.
True said sir, true said. Could be a great game, but with all of the problems around and not willing to fix them, it just goes to "OK".